Bread Baking Day #55 – coloured Bread
It was this summer when I participated in the Bread Baking Day the first time. I was a little bit afraid because I have seen all the great roundups with fantastic breads for this event that had been created by Zorra several years ago, and I was everything else than experienced in baking a bread. But how would I become experienced without challenges? Never! And from this point I participated in this event on a regular basis to learn, learn and learn. Have you ever seen the roundup for the world bread day? That’s just WOW! 343 breads are a lot of inspiration.
Now I volunteered to be the host of a Bread Baking Day. I knew that there was a big chance that Zorra will tell me that I’m not experienced enough at the moment or something like this – but no, Zorra agreed!
I thought that coloured breads will be a nice topic for this event but unfortunately there was a BBD with coloured breads before. I clicked on the roundup and received a message that this blog does not exist anymore. So I asked Zorra if it would be possible to have a BBD with coloured breads again and she approved this.
Wherever you are – here in Germany it is winter and everything is cold and grey… so why the heck should colour be the topic of this BBD? Because it’s December! We bake coloured cookies, have coloured lights and pictures in the windows, a coloured christmas tree and gifts in coloured paper under the tree – there is a lot of colour in December, sometimes you just have to have a closer look to see it. I’m verry excited how you will bring colours in your bread.
How to participate in BBD #55:
- Bake a bread with at least 3 colours – you can use 3 different coloured ingredients or maybe you will bring some colour in the dough itself?
- It doesn’t matter if you bake a sweet or savoury bread
- Take a picture of your bread and blog about it
- The recipe should be written in english (which is prefered) or german language
- Please link back to this announcement
- I would kindly ask you to submit your recipe, the link and the picture of your bread with the submission form below and to leave a comment with a link to your bread to give me the chance to double-check if I have included all your breads in the roundup.
- Last day of submission is January 1st, 2013
I’m looking forward to read about all the tasty breads you will bake this month!